Recently, my friend, Molly, posted on her blog about cute Halloween costumes that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, you can easily make them yourself, and they aren’t made of smelly vinyl possibly contaminated with dangerous lead levels. I couldn’t resist sharing some of them here with you.
* Attach two plastic pot scrubbers and a colored ball to the top of a cotton cap.
* Thread plastic pot scrubbers loosely with elastic as the clown’s collar
* Hot-glue or stitch three plastic pot scrubbers to the front of a one-piece jumper.
* Cinch pot scrubbers with twist ties and stitch or glue to shoes.
* Cut green sponges into triangles and stitch or glue them down the center of a pilot’s cap.
* Attach more triangles down the back of a matching bodysuit.
Bumblebee and Flower
* Make yourself a flower-petal collar from a plastic shower-curtain liner.
* For antennae, attach chenille stems topped with pom-poms to a cotton cap.
* Use bubble wrap as wings.
* Wrap a yellow towel around a baby carrier and fasten it with stripes of black electrical tape.
For additional information and costume ideas, visit Parent.com here.